Maxillary sinus augmentation
In this lecture the instructor will describe the most important aspects of the maxillary sinus augmentation procedures. Firstly, a step-by-step explanation of the sinus-lift technique will be made, with special emphasis on the lateral-wall approach. Additionally, all the necessary instruments and materials required to perform this procedure will be discussed.
The most common and relevant surgical complications will also be addressed. The instructor will explain how to predict, prevent, diagnose, and manage sinus membrane perforations and intraoperative bleeding. On the other hand, guidelines on how to reduce and treat postoperative complications like pain, swelling and sinus infections will also be provided.
During the workshop, the attendee will be able to perform 2 lateral-wall augmentation procedures in a specifically designed artificial bone model. Specifically, on one of the sides, the maxillary sinus will have several features (septa, anatomy, etc.) to increase the surgical difficulty and to simulate a challenging case. All the steps will be thoroughly described by the instructor in a pace that will allow the clinician to be able to follow the procedure correctly. Furthermore, a sinus membrane perforation will be created to allow the attendee to simulate its treatment.
- To identify the most common sinus augmentation techniques.
- To recognize and understand all the surgical steps of the maxillary sinus augmentation techniques, especially regarding the lateral-wall approach.
- To know the most common surgical instruments and materials required to perform a sinus augmentation procedure.
- To diagnose the most common surgical complications associated with maxillary sinus augmentation, and to identify its risk factors.
- To learn how to manage the most common intraoperative (sinus membrane perforations and bleeding) and postoperative complications (pain, swelling and postoperative infections) associated with this surgical procedure.
Why should I take this course?
Improved treatment outcomes: Without specialized knowledge in maxillary sinus augmentation, dental professionals may not be able to provide the best possible treatment for their patients. Taking a course in this area can help professionals improve their treatment outcomes and provide better overall care.
Better patient satisfaction: With improved treatment outcomes, patients are more likely to be satisfied with their treatment and experience less discomfort, which can lead to increased patient loyalty and positive word-of-mouth recommendations.
Increased expertise: By taking a course in maxillary sinus augmentation, professionals can increase their expertise and knowledge in this area, allowing them to provide more advanced treatments and improve their overall skillset.
Better patient communication: With a deeper understanding of maxillary sinus augmentation, professionals can better communicate the nature of a patient’s condition and the potential risks and benefits of treatment, leading to improved patient engagement and participation in their care.
Increased marketability: As more and more patients seek out dental professionals with expertise in maxillary sinus augmentation, taking a course in this area can increase a professional’s marketability and competitiveness in the field, allowing them to stand out from their peers and attract new patients.
- Learn it: Prerecorded lecture – 1 h 2 min
- Watch it: Prerecorded workshop – 1 h 29 min
- Do it: Model + Demo Bone Graft + Demo Membranes
*Shipping and taxes included*
*All the demo components are produced by BoneModels only to be used on these models. The demo products are not suitable for human use*
*We only send the components specified in the “Do It” segment, the rest of the material needed to perform the workshop (such as drills, blades, sutures, etc) will be provided by the student*
IMPORTANT – Experience in this area is recommended to ensure a good understanding of the course content.
DIFFICULTY – MEDIUM